BATH COUNTY, Ky. (AP) — Authorities in Kentucky say four children died and one is missing after a horse and buggy carrying an Amish family was swept away while trying to cross a low-water bridge over a flooded creek.
Kentucky State Police say all six people were swept away when the buggy overturned in the muddy brown water in Bath County.
Police say the adult in the buggy was able to reach the bank of the stream and call for help.
Four bodies were found Wednesday and personnel from multiple agencies are still searching for the last missing child.
Copyright © 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- ‘I feel fantastic’: Arnold Schwarzenegger undergoes heart surgery at Cleveland Clinic
- Illinois health director fights back tears during COVID death totals, urges people to battle ‘pandemic fatigue’
- Some Winnebago County absentee ballots rejected due to voter mistakes
- Sinnissippi Park gets spooky with 2nd annual ‘Festival of Frights’
- Loves Park officials seek input on N. 2nd Street improvements