(CNN) — Four prisoners escaped Gallia County Jail in Ohio overnight after using a homemade weapon to overpower two female correctional officers, the Gallia County Sheriff said.
The four inmates were able to force open a secured door and escape at about 12:14 a.m. Sunday, authorities said. The sheriff’s office said that the inmates, who should be considered “extremely dangerous,” were helped in their escape by at least one person on the outside.
Gallia County is about 140 miles east of Cincinnati.
The inmates have been identified as:
– Brynn K. Martin, age 40, who is 5-foot-7 and weighs about 170 pounds. He has brown hair and blue eyes.
– Christopher M. Clemente, age 24, is 6-foot-1 and weighs about 165 pounds. He has brown hair and hazel eyes.
– Troy R. McDaniel Jr., age 30, is 5-foot-11 and weighs about 157 pounds. He has blonde hair and blue eyes.
– Lawrence R. Lee III, age 29, is 5-foot-9 and weighs about 187 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes.
- Exploring the rich athletics history of Beloit College as it marks 100 years in the MWC
- Fourth grader in New Mexico forced to walk to school for internet
- New report says Byron power plant shutdown would cost over 2,300 jobs
- Rockford applying for new bike path grant, but not all residents are on board
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say