WINNEBAGO CO., Ill. (WTVO) — Illinois State Police are investigating a deadly crash that occured on Business US 20 in Winnebago County on Sunday morning around 7 a.m.
Officials say that a 51 year-old man from Indiana was traveling westbound in a 2007 white Ford Edge from Weldon Road. His vehicle veered off the road for an unknown reason. The car traveled down the embankment into the eastbound lanes, overturned and came to a rest in a creek bed.
The Winnebago County Coroner pronounced the driver dead at the scene.
Traffic was shut down but traffic was able to travel on bypass.
The cause of the crash still is under investigation.
- ‘I feel fantastic’: Arnold Schwarzenegger undergoes heart surgery at Cleveland Clinic
- Illinois health director fights back tears during COVID death totals, urges people to battle ‘pandemic fatigue’
- Some Winnebago County absentee ballots rejected due to voter mistakes
- Sinnissippi Park gets spooky with 2nd annual ‘Festival of Frights’
- Loves Park officials seek input on N. 2nd Street improvements