ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — On Wednesday around 2:30 p.m., the Winnebago County Coroner’s Office was called for a reported death to the 500 block of North Vale Avenue in Rockford. Investigators were directed to a nearby bucket lift.
Officials say that a 59-year-old man made contact with electrical power lines and was electrocuted. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The coroner’s office says the man was a resident of Loves Park but did not release his identity.
- Rockford Police investigate Auburn St. shooting
- Rockford teens charged after police find loaded gun in car
- After disaster declaration, Ogle County officials say storm damage is like nothing they’ve ever seen
- Rockford house fire possibly caused by severe weather, officials say
- VP Pence tweets “America needs College Football”