(CNN) — A Memphis high school student is getting some attention for wearing a dress as he was crowned homecoming royalty.
Senior Brandon Allen was crowned Friday night at a football game for White Station High School.
The honor is based 100% on student votes.
Allen wore a dress for the big moment.
The school posted a picture of Allen, which has now been shared more than 800 times.
The principal said, “I’m exceedingly proud to be the principal of our amazing school. WSHS loves and supports everyone regardless of who they are or what they believe.”
- 2 passengers sue United Airlines over engine explosion
- U.S. counties with more Trump voters are less likely to be vaccinated, data shows
- Two men convicted in connection to 2019 Beloit murder
- Looking for a summer job? Rockford Park District hiring hundreds of seasonal employees
- Two women tried to spend $1 million bill at Dollar General store
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.