MILWAUKEE, Wis. (WTVO) — Milwaukee Police say officers are responding to an “active shooter” in Miller Valley at the MillerCoors brewing company.
WISN is reporting that law enforcement says the shooter was an employee who was recently fired.
Sources told our sister station WITI that 7 people are dead but it is not clear how many people have been injured. The shooter was allegedly an employee in uniform. The incident forced at least two nearby schools on lockdown.
WITI also confirmed that the shooter was a former employee who was fired on Wednesday.
Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett confirmed there were multiple fatalities, including the shooter.
Police responded to the scene at around 2:30 p.m. CT.
Milwaukee Police confirmed around 4:40 p.m. CT. that there is no current threat, but it is still an active scene.
The scene is near N. 35th Street and W. Highland Blvd.
MillerCoors has 1,400 employees at its Milwuakee facility.
Police set up a family staging area for the employees of Molson Coors located in the Harley Davidson Parking Lot at 35th Juneau Ave.
Dispatch audio via Broadcastify:
DEVELOPING…. This story will be updated.
- Disney shares Dole Whip, other recipes while parks closed
- Family of Chicago 911 call center employee mourning after he died from COVID-19
- Wind Whipped Snow Squalls Thursday Afternoon and Evening
- Woman accused of licking $1,800 worth of items at California grocery store arrested on felony charge
- Indianapolis officer killed while responding to domestic disturbance