ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — After 30 years, Rockford Symphony Orchestra music director Steve Larsen has announced his retirement.
Larsen will step down at the end of the 2020-21 season.
Larsen was hired in 1991 and helped move the RSO from the Midway Theatre to the Coronado Performing Arts Center.
A search committee has been formed to find a new orchestra director. Final candidates will be featured as guest conductors.
The selection of a new music director is expected by June 2022.
- Boone County Sheriff’s Departmnet says farewell to fallen K9 Loki
- Video gambling machines back on in Illinois as Region 1 begins Tier 2
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Michigan mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone