LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — A ribbon cutting ceremony was held Friday to celebrate the opening of Costco’s 150,000 square foot store in Loves Park.
The store, at 5000 Stadium Drive, already serves 7,000 Costco cardholders in Boone and Winnebago County.
Late last year, the Winnebago County Board voted to provide Loves Park with $1.7 million in host fees, which went toward offsetting some of the infrastructure costs of the project.
Loves Park Mayor Greg Jury says the new store will bring money that had been spend outside of the area back to the stateline.
“Currently, now, there are 7,000 card holders in Boone and Winnebago County, before Costco came, that were traveling outside the region, spending their money in some other community. That’s going to stay here, locally, and that’s going to benefit our communities,” he said.
- Feeling like Fall Just in Time for the Fall Equinox
- Vaping industry: Stop blaming us, start blaming illegal e-liquids
- Transgender group’s birth certificate suit advances in Ohio
- WWII veteran wants 100 birthday cards for his 100th birthday
- PHOTOS: Border Wall in San Diego