LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — A ribbon cutting ceremony was held Friday to celebrate the opening of Costco’s 150,000 square foot store in Loves Park.
The store, at 5000 Stadium Drive, already serves 7,000 Costco cardholders in Boone and Winnebago County.
Late last year, the Winnebago County Board voted to provide Loves Park with $1.7 million in host fees, which went toward offsetting some of the infrastructure costs of the project.
Loves Park Mayor Greg Jury says the new store will bring money that had been spend outside of the area back to the stateline.
“Currently, now, there are 7,000 card holders in Boone and Winnebago County, before Costco came, that were traveling outside the region, spending their money in some other community. That’s going to stay here, locally, and that’s going to benefit our communities,” he said.
- Quenneville Strikes Twice as Hogs Sweep Season Series Against Marlies
- Light Snow Expected Sunday Night, Heaviest Remains South
- Jones scores twice, Packers complete season sweep of Bears
- Forward Hakkarainen Reassigned To Rockford
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John reunite as characters from ‘Grease’