(CNN) — It’s official, Alexa can now speak Spanish.
Amazon says the virtual assistant’s second language can now be accessed through its supported Echo and Alexa built-in devices.
There’s a brand new Spanish voice for Alexa, along with local knowledge and hundreds of skills, according to the company.
Amazon says customers can switch to “Español” mode via the Alexa app.
From there, a user can ask in Spanish for their favorite music, news and weather, and controls for their smart home.
The multi-lingual mode allows a user to get an answer in the same languages at the question.
- Elusive roadside hound evades capture for 6 months
- Rockford fire battling structure fire
- Pritzker orders restrictions on schools’ ‘timeout’ rooms
- ‘Slave for sale’ Craigslist post leads to hate crime charges
- Divided US House committee backs pot decriminalization
Copyright © 2019 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.