LEE COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — Amazon picks Lee County to be the home of a new solar energy farm.
It’s part of the company’s larger initiative to reduce its carbon footprint.
Three farms will be built. The other two will be in Virginia and Spain.
Once complete, the Lee County farm will provide power for Amazon’s fulfillment network and web services date centers.
The construction start yet is still undetermined.
- Cubs agree to terms on contracts with three players
- Best of the Best: Packers O vs. Rams D
- How do I sign up to receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- Cases of the flu almost non-existent in Winnebago County, compared to last year
- Janesville School District under investigation over report it intends to vaccinate teachers next week