ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Six Rockford Police Officers were part of an awards, promotion and retirement ceremony on Friday.
Three officers were promoted to Lieutenant (Det. Sgt. Dave Cone), Sergeant (Det. Bruce Voyles) and Investigator (Ofc. Shawn Toepfer).
Ofc. Tim Huber was awarded a life-saving medal for helping to revive a victim who had overdosed.
Sgt. Shalene Eagleson retired after 23 years.
Lt. Mike Ahrens retired after 26 years with the department. Ahrens said he hopes he left the department better than when he arrived.
Ahrens isn’t quite ready to stop working yet.
He said he’s moving on to a new career, but didn’t say which.
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Rockford Housing Authority temporarily closes offices after employee tests positive
- Rodgers leads Packers into title game with 32-18 win vs Rams