ROCK COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — Around 7:00 p.m. Friday night, Deputies with the Rock County Sheriff’s Office responded to a two vehicle crash at E. State Hwy 67 and S. Stateline Road in Turtle Township. Officials say that a car traveling westbound on Hwy 67–driven by Timothy Homes of Beloit–rear ended a car that was turning south onto Stateline Road.
Holmes and two passengers fled the scene on foot after both cars came to a stop in a ditch. A passenger in the other car– a 44-year-old male from Sharon, Wisconsin– received serious injuries and was rushed to Javon Bea Hospital in Rockford.
Officials say that Holmes and his passengers were located about an hour later and treated for their injuries. Holmes, 27, was placed under arrest and is facing the following felony charges:
- Hit and run causing great bodily harm
- Knowingly operating vehicle while revoked causing great bodily harm
- Reckless driving causing great bodily harm
The Rock County Sheriff’s Office drone team and crash reconstruction team, and Beloit and Clinton Police assisted with the investigation which is still ongoing.
- Eight panelists square off in The Great Graduated Income Tax Debate
- Rodgers throws 4 TDs as Packers beat Texans 35-20
- Light snow likely late Sunday night/early Monday morning
- Robinson excels despite Jaguars 39-29 loss to Chargers
- California family holds vigil for 12-year-old killed in motorcycle collision