BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — 55-year-old Joseph Thompson was found guilty Wednesday of 12 counts of disseminating child pornography.
Belvidere Police received information from the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force in April of 2017, saying that a person in Belvidere was sharing child pornography via an AOL account.
Police were able to obtain a search warrant which showed the email account was registered to Thompson. Pornographic photos of children were recovered as email attachments.
When police conducted a search of Thompson’s home, they found additional photos on his home computer. Thompson admitted to police that he sent the photos to others.
Thompson faces a minimum of 48 years in prison, followed by three years of mandatory parole, and must register as a sex offender for life.
He is scheduled to be sentenced on October 30th.
- Costco to ban non-members from food court
- Inmate dubbed the ‘Starved Rock Killer’ freed after 59 years
- New mother rushes into fire, saves driver from tanker explosion in Indianapolis
- Wisconsin nurse sentenced to 13 years in prison for abusing nine infants, leaving them with broken ribs, legs
- Rockford man charged with string of recent retail thefts