BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Belvidere Police have identified 29-year-old Jory Jeff Ross Keller, of Rockford, as the man found dead in a field Tuesday morning.
Belvidere Police Chief Shane Woody said officers were called to a field about a quarter of a mile off of the 7990 block of Shaw Road around 9:30 a.m. for reports of a man’s body found there.
Police said the body appeared to be that of a white male in his 20’s.
The Boone County Coroner says there were no signs of injury or trauma on the body, and are awaiting toxicology reports.
On Tuesday, police said they were treating Keller’s death as a homicide.
- Belvidere schools on lockdown due to ‘safety concern’ at Belvidere North
- New 4K images of Titanic released after first manned dive in 14 years
- Cleveland police officer accused of exposing himself, urinating on 12-year-old girl
- All aboard! Amtrak route from Chicago to New Orleans restored
- Florida woman takes plea deal in baby’s co-sleeping death