BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Belvidere Police have identified 29-year-old Jory Jeff Ross Keller, of Rockford, as the man found dead in a field Tuesday morning.
Belvidere Police Chief Shane Woody said officers were called to a field about a quarter of a mile off of the 7990 block of Shaw Road around 9:30 a.m. for reports of a man’s body found there.
Police said the body appeared to be that of a white male in his 20’s.
The Boone County Coroner says there were no signs of injury or trauma on the body, and are awaiting toxicology reports.
On Tuesday, police said they were treating Keller’s death as a homicide.
- Oregon’s Autumn on Parade festival is canceled
- Drier Weather Slides in Today, Feeling Less Humid Over the Weekend
- Man hospitalized 99 days with COVID-19 wakes from coma to learn wife died of virus
- One-on-one with presidential hopeful Joe Biden
- Dream job: Company offering $1,000 to play Animal Crossing