BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Belvidere Police have identified 29-year-old Jory Jeff Ross Keller, of Rockford, as the man found dead in a field Tuesday morning.
Belvidere Police Chief Shane Woody said officers were called to a field about a quarter of a mile off of the 7990 block of Shaw Road around 9:30 a.m. for reports of a man’s body found there.
Police said the body appeared to be that of a white male in his 20’s.
The Boone County Coroner says there were no signs of injury or trauma on the body, and are awaiting toxicology reports.
On Tuesday, police said they were treating Keller’s death as a homicide.
- Illinois law: You don’t have to stay at accident scene, but you have to report it
- Machesney Park manufacturer commits to $17 million expansion
- Crusader Community Health luncheon explains how non-profit serves people in the stateline
- Illinois harvest facing weather-related delays
- RMTD announces service to new Amazon Prime Air facility at airport