BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — The Belvidere Police Department is warning the public about complaints of credit card skimmers being placed at area businesses.
Authorities say they are investigating and will provide more details when they become available.
Customers are encouraged to look at the card readers at the gas pump before swiping and check for anything out of the ordinary. If you aren’t sure, go inside to make your purchase.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Belvidere Police Department at 815-544-2135 or Boone County Crime Stoppers at 815-547-7867.
- IHSA: Winter high school sports to resume, with exception of basketball
- 11 actions Biden has promised to take on ‘Day One’ as president
- You may be surprised to see who oddsmakers think will win the 2024 election
- 2 Guard members with ‘ties’ to fringe militias removed from Biden inauguration
- Newsfeed Now: Final preparations for Inauguration Day, Saints fans discuss possible Drew Brees retirement