Bible miraculously survives house fire early Tuesday

News
Capture_1546369868822.JPG

After a fire destroyed his house Tuesday morning, a Texas man discovered that the only item that wasn’t badly charred was his personal Bible.

“I kind of smelled something funny in my house, didn’t recognize that it was anything, but then I went to bed and what woke me up was the fire,” said Charlie House, of Tyler, Texas. “Got up this morning about 4:30, looked up…my bedroom was on fire.”

Tyler’s Fire Marshall’s office says the fire was likely started due to “hazardous wiring” which caused the fire to spark in the walls and spread to the ceiling.

“He said that his word would not perish, and the Bible did not burn,” House proclaimed. “It was scorched, but it did not burn. That Man’s word is real.”

House, who is disabled, has started a GoFundMe page asking for assistance to get him back on his feet.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories