ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — After the tragic and unexpected loss of 12th Ward Alderman John Beck, the Rockford Park District Board agreed to take a vote on renaming the Sinissippi Park Music Shell in his memory. Beck lost his life on Sunday after complications from a recent surgery.
The building would renamed to “John Beck Community Music Shell.”
Beck’s family was in attendance during the proposal to take the vote. Executive Director Jay Sandine proposed renaming the park.
The vote will take place during the meeting on April 28th.
- Belvidere North runners Lenzen, Elder top finishers at Jefferson meet
- Man who allegedly killed 17-year-old at California high school captured in Centerville, Utah
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- “If it sounds too good to be true”: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- ‘Benadryl challenge’: FDA issues alert over dangerous TikTok trend