The body of a young Marine from Janesville stabbed to death while training at Camp Pendleton in California will be returned Friday night, and people are urged to line the route to the funeral home.
The body of PFC Ethan Barclay-Weberpal will arrive at Milwaukee-Mitchell airport and a procession escorting his body will begin at approximately 6:15pm. The Rock County Sheriff’s Office says the procession will follow this route:
- I-94 from General Mitchell Airport, to S I-43
- S I-43 to W STH 12
- W STH 12 through the City of Whitewater
- W STH 12 to E CTH N in Rock County
- E CTH N to Milton Rd
- Milton Rd to E STH 59 (E Madison Ave) through the City of Milton
- E STH 59 to E CTH M
- E CTH M to N USH 51
- N USH 51 to W Memorial Dr
- Memorial Dr to N Oakhill Ave
- N Oakhill Ave to W Court St
- W Court St to Austin Rd, Arrival at Whitcomb-Lynch Funeral Home
During the escort, updates will be available on delays/location of the escort on the Rock County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page.
According to his obituary funeral services will be held at 1:00 P.M. on Monday at the New Life Assembly of God Church at 2416 N. Wright Rd. in Janesville.
Burial with Full Military Honors will be in St. Mary’s Cemetery, Milton.
Visitation will take place from 2:00 until 6:00 P.M. on Sunday at the Whitcomb-Lynch Funeral home.
A scholarship fund to support veteran/military students at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater has been established in Ethan’s memory. Gifts may be made by check to the “Ethan Andrew Barclay-Weberpal Memorial Fund” and mailed to UW-W Foundation, 800 West Main Street, Whitewater WI 53190, or online to the fund at https://www.uww.edu/foundation/give/form