An investigation by the Rockford Police Department, Belvidere/Boone County Metro Narcotics Unit and the DEA Rockford Task Force has led to the arrest of a Boone County man on drug dealing charges.
Police say a month long investigation based on citizen complaints led to a raid on Thursday, July 13th of five different properties. Three of those properties were storage sheds in the 1200 block of Shappert Drive in Machesney Park, 1 at a storage shed in the 5700 block of Sandy Hollow Road in Rockford, and a home in the 11000 block of Lerwick Road in Boone County.
They say that cocaine, heroin, crystal meth, OxyCodone, Adderall, ecstasy and several other unidentified pills were recovered in those raids along with drug paraphernalia.
42-year-old Bradley J. Walters of Boone County was arrested and charged in Boone and Winnebago County with the following.
- Possession with Intent to Deliver Heroin 1 to 15 grams (Winnebago)
- Possession with Intent to Deliver OxyCodone (Winnebago)
- Possession with Intent to Deliver Adderall (Winnebago)
- Possession of Methamphetamine (Winnebago)
- Possession with Intent to Deliver Methamphetamine 15-100 Grams (Boone)
Police add that more charges are likely.
Walters has a history of being charged with drug related crimes, including arrests in 2013 and 2016 according to Winnebago County court documents. The 2016 charges are still not resolved.
He is currently being held on a $37,500 bond.