BOONE COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — If you went to the Boone County Fair over the weekend, you were part of a record-setting event.
For the third year in a row, more than 200,000 people visited the fairgrounds.
Officials say 222,131 fairgoers walked through the gates this year, an all time high.
The President of the Boone County Fair Association, Lyle Lee, credits the success to the fair’s volunteers and all the vendors and exhibitors.
Next year’s fair is set to take place August 11th – 16th, 2020.
- McDonald’s manager allegedly quits mid-shift, informs customers via sign posted in drive-thru lane
- Video: Young children caught between masked gunman, victim nearly shot on New York sidewalk
- WHO accused of sexism for suggesting women of ‘childbearing age’ shouldn’t drink
- Wary Rockton residents return home for first time since Monday’s Chemtool plant fire
- Pritzker signs bill to make mail-in voting permanent in Illinois