BOONE COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — If you went to the Boone County Fair over the weekend, you were part of a record-setting event.
For the third year in a row, more than 200,000 people visited the fairgrounds.
Officials say 222,131 fairgoers walked through the gates this year, an all time high.
The President of the Boone County Fair Association, Lyle Lee, credits the success to the fair’s volunteers and all the vendors and exhibitors.
Next year’s fair is set to take place August 11th – 16th, 2020.
- Stockton hasn’t had a losing season since 2010, and that shouldn’t change this year
- Part of I-90 renamed in honor of slain McHenry County deputy Jacob Keltner
- Rockford Police: Two-day haul nets guns, shotgun, drugs
- Pushback grows as states require LGBTQ history
- Woman reels in bizarre fish with 2 mouths