BOONE COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — If you went to the Boone County Fair over the weekend, you were part of a record-setting event.
For the third year in a row, more than 200,000 people visited the fairgrounds.
Officials say 222,131 fairgoers walked through the gates this year, an all time high.
The President of the Boone County Fair Association, Lyle Lee, credits the success to the fair’s volunteers and all the vendors and exhibitors.
Next year’s fair is set to take place August 11th – 16th, 2020.
- CDC advises parents to look out for polio-like condition in children
- State prison turns away Logan County inmates infected with COVID-19
- Twin YouTube stars charged after Uber driver held at gunpoint during fake bank robbery
- Rivets ready to resume their season with a new-look roster stocked with local guys
- Local board looking to improve mental health access for teens