BOONE COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — If you went to the Boone County Fair over the weekend, you were part of a record-setting event.
For the third year in a row, more than 200,000 people visited the fairgrounds.
Officials say 222,131 fairgoers walked through the gates this year, an all time high.
The President of the Boone County Fair Association, Lyle Lee, credits the success to the fair’s volunteers and all the vendors and exhibitors.
Next year’s fair is set to take place August 11th – 16th, 2020.
- IceHogs Drop Final Game Before All-Star Break
- Multiple fire crews respond to Village of Winnebago house fire
- Bill Murray returns to Woodstock 28 years after filming “Groundhog Day”, shoots Jeep commercial
- Mid-town Gyro House now open
- Fire on Gregory St. causes $5,000 in damages