DirecTV

Boy, 11, dies from apparent allergic reaction to smell of cooking fish

News
ny-1546464669-0johx6rk5t-snap-image_1546532069197.jpg

An 11-year-old boy died in his Brooklyn home on Tuesday after experiencing what authorities believe to have been an allergic reaction to the smell of fish being cooked in his home.

The Daily News reports that Camron Jean-Pierre was found unconscious and unresponsive around 7:30 p.m. Monday at his home on East 82nd Street in Canarsie.

Jean-Pierre’s family told WTVD they were cooking a Carribean dish called ‘salt fish’ when he had a reaction. His parents allegedly hooked him up to a nebulizer but he lost consciousness. 

The boy was rushed to Brookdale Hospital, but could not be revived.

The city’s medical examiner is working to provide the exact cause of death.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories