RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Among all the negative information with the COVID-19 pandemic, there has also been some good news.
BP and Amoco announced that their gas stations will be offering 50 cents off per gallon to local first responders, doctors, nurses and hospital workers.
“Thank you for being on the front lines and keeping our communities healthy and safe. We are honored to be supporting you and helping you get where you need to go,” the company said on its website.
The promotion allows certain essential workers to take the discount on their next fill up.
With gas prices across Rockford averaging around $1.75 per gallon, the savings could easily mean gas for just over $1 a gallon.
Those who want to sign up need to verify their status through ID.me, which is a website that “simplifies how individuals prove and share their identity online.”
- Exploring the rich athletics history of Beloit College as it marks 100 years in the MWC
- Fourth grader in New Mexico forced to walk to school for internet
- New report says Byron power plant shutdown would cost over 2,300 jobs
- Rockford applying for new bike path grant, but not all residents are on board
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say