(CNN) – CVS Health says its returning $43 million it received from the government for coronavirus relief.
The company said it did not request the money. It was part of the CARES Act provider relief fund, which gives $175 billion to hospitals and healthcare providers involved in the coronavirus response, according to the Department of Health and Human Services.
CVS Health said it hopes its share of the money will go to others in need.
- 1st human trial of COVID-19 antibody treatment begins
- Democratic governors reject Trump’s call to send in military
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral
- Violence continues as Trump threatens military force against protesters nationwide
- Officer shot in the head in Las Vegas on life support