BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Auto workers at Fiat Chrysler are preparing to vote on a new contract Friday.
The union says 47,000 workers will vote on the four-year deal.
On Wednesday, union leaders were in Detroit, going over the offer. If the contract passes, it will mean a $9,000 per worker bonus.
Fiat Chrysler also promises to invest $4.5 billion in U.S. factories.
The company is the last of the Detroit-based car makers to settle with the UAW.
Both General Motors and Ford came to an agreement with the union last month.
- Huskies second half rally helps secure win at Eastern Illinois
- Rockford hospitals get green light to give new treatment to COVID-19 patients
- Winnebago County Sheriff hosts ‘Fill the Bus’ gift drive on Saturday
- Building trades organization opposes closure of Byron nuclear plant
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications