(CNN) – Clothing retailer Forever 21 may be getting ready to file for bankruptcy.
Bloomberg News reports that the company is preparing for a Chapter 11 filing.
Forever 21 has been working with consultants in an effort to restructure its debt.
The company has also been trying to get additional financing, but so far nothing has come through.
According to Bloomberg, bankruptcy could actually help Forever 21’s bottom line, because it would be able to recapitalize and get rid of stores that aren’t making money.
But the move could cause problems for mall owners, since the company has a significant mall presence.
Forever 21 was founded in 1984 and currently operates more than 800 stores around the world.
- Mild Weekend, Cool Week, Dry All Around
- ‘Small Business Saturday’ even more important in times of COVID-19
- New Santa Clara County COVID health order leaves 49ers without home
- Local store creates custom candle for Rockford City Market, will donate proceeds
- Rockford ‘Stroll on State’ starts with a bang
Copyright © 2020 CNN Newsource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.