(CNN) — Dyson may be known for vacuum cleaners and hand dryers, but the coronavirus has forced the company to shift its focus to ventilators.
James Dyson designed a new one in just ten days.
Now he’s making 15,000 of them to fight COVID-19.
He sent a letter to employees confirming the British government’s order for 10,000 units.
According to Dyson, the company designed and built an entirely new ventilator called the “Co-Vent” after getting a call ten days ago from UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
Dyson says the Co-Vent is designed for COVID-19 patients and can be manufactured quickly — which is key as the demand rises fast.
A company spokesperson says the ventilators should be ready by early April.
Dyson says he will donate 5,000 ventilators for the international fight against the pandemic.
- Protestors, police clash again at Rockford City Market
- Man taken to hospital after motorcycle crash in Rockford
- One person shot at Rockford bar
- Winnebago Co. school administrators address back to school plans
- Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’