(WTVO) — Macy’s department stores, which shut down on March 18th due to the outbreak of COVID-19, announced Monday that they would be laying off 130,000 employees after having “lost the majority” of sales.
Macy’s, which also owns Bloomingdales and Bluemercury brands, said the furloughs would begin this week.
The company plans to continue to operate its distribution centers and call centers to serve customers shopping online.
Furloughed worker will continue to receive benefits at least through May, after which it plans to bring workers back on a staggered basis.
- Republicans, Democrats disagree on how to address police reforms
- NASCAR team to pay tribute for former Loves Park man
- Stillman Valley coach Lalor reacts to ‘Return to Play’ decision/guidelines
- Facebook removes nearly 200 accounts tied to hate groups
- Illinois Legislative Black Caucus in Rockford, urge peaceful protests