(WTVO) — If you’ve been thinking about buying a house, now may be the time to do it.
One Senior Economist calls this time of the year the Black Friday of home shopping.
Experts say in the spring and summer buyers with school-aged children are anxious to move and get settled before the school year starts.
According to analysts, many people who haven’t bought a home by mid-September typically put the move off.
Realtor.com says this time of year, nearly 6% of homes on the market have had a price reduction, and are on average 2% cheaper than their peak listing.
- Rockford City Council discusses raising the number of video gaming machines
- Sinnissippi Golf Course saved from the chopping block, for now
- Auburn’s Nevenhoven hoping for a big October finish to the tennis season
- Police investigate after man shot to death outside Rockford apartment building
- Police investigate after Rockford woman killed while crossing Auburn St.