(WTVO) — If you’ve been thinking about buying a house, now may be the time to do it.
One Senior Economist calls this time of the year the Black Friday of home shopping.
Experts say in the spring and summer buyers with school-aged children are anxious to move and get settled before the school year starts.
According to analysts, many people who haven’t bought a home by mid-September typically put the move off.
Realtor.com says this time of year, nearly 6% of homes on the market have had a price reduction, and are on average 2% cheaper than their peak listing.
- Musician Miles Nielsen hosting fundraiser for Rockford domestic violence shelter
- John Deere Classic in the Quad Cities is canceled
- Looser restrictions will lead to more opportunities for local golfers
- Pritzker lifts all restrictions on Illinois churches after Supreme Court challenge
- Beer drinking, 103-year-old nursing home resident beats COVID-19