(CNN) — Pier 1 is officially going out of business.
Pier 1 Imports is closing-up shop after a court approved its bankruptcy application.
That now allows Pier 1 to liquidate its retail operations in about 500 stores across the country, once they can re-open in the wake of pandemic.
Pier 1 had more than 1,000 at one point, selling home goods like furniture, pillows and decor.
It has struggled however because of online competition and big-box chains.
Pier one aims to have all its stores permanently shut down by October.
- Dog mauls toddler to death at Fourth of July party
- Johnny Depp sues tabloid newspaper for article calling him a “wife beater”
- Estep’s blast lifts Rivets to their third straight win
- Fighting fires in heat adds extra dangers for area first responders
- Future ‘Rockton Street Market’ liquor license to only include beer and wine