(WTVO) — Taco Bell says it’s testing new crispy tortilla chicken tenders in an effort to upset the chicken wars dominated by fowl food purveyors Popeyes and Chick-fil-A.
According to Business Insider, the restaurant chain said it will start testing the new chicken strips in Houston, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, on Thursday before launching them nationally next year.
Taco Bell said it tested more than 100 variations of the recipe before deciding on the final flavor.
The tenders are marinated in a jalapeno buttermilk mixture before being coated in tortilla chip crumbs and served alongside a new sauce.
While Chick-Fil-A dominates the annual “America’s favorite fast food chain” surveys and Popeyes chicken sandwich continues to sell out, we’ll have to see if Taco Bell’s chicken-tender taco will get wings fluttering.
- Michigan mom says she’s been waiting six months for taste, smell to return after COVID. She’s not alone
- Illinois health officials report 5,343 new cases of COVID-19, 130 deaths on Saturday
- Governors’ anger grows as federal vaccine stockpile vanishes
- 101-year-old Hawaii man celebrates birthday at his favorite gym
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander