(KRON) — Walmart is launching its holiday sales earlier than ever before and is even offering free next-day delivery as it gets ready for the holidays.
Walmart announced on Wednesday it will start offering online “Deal Drop” sales at midnight on Friday, Oct. 25.
That’s about a week earlier than Walmart launched its holiday sales last year.
That’s because retailers are facing a short holiday shopping season this year, with just 26 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas – about a week shorter than the same time last year.
Also new this holiday shopping season, Walmart is offering free next-day delivery on a selection of up to 220,000 items, but “exclusions may apply during peak days.”
Walmart said this year they’ll also be expanding the check-out process by adding Check Out With Me, which will allow shoppers to avoid lines by checking out with a Walmart employee using a handheld device.
In stores, sales will start Nov. 1.
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Second stimulus checks: Why another $1,200 payment could be off the table
- Illinois surpasses 200k cases of COVID-19, 24 additional deaths announced on Thursday
- Welsh Elementary Golden Apple winner says award is helping her become a better teacher
- ‘One of us’: South Asians celebrate Harris as VP choice