(KRON) — Walmart is launching its holiday sales earlier than ever before and is even offering free next-day delivery as it gets ready for the holidays.
Walmart announced on Wednesday it will start offering online “Deal Drop” sales at midnight on Friday, Oct. 25.
That’s about a week earlier than Walmart launched its holiday sales last year.
That’s because retailers are facing a short holiday shopping season this year, with just 26 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas – about a week shorter than the same time last year.
Also new this holiday shopping season, Walmart is offering free next-day delivery on a selection of up to 220,000 items, but “exclusions may apply during peak days.”
Walmart said this year they’ll also be expanding the check-out process by adding Check Out With Me, which will allow shoppers to avoid lines by checking out with a Walmart employee using a handheld device.
In stores, sales will start Nov. 1.
- Village of Cherry Valley looks to continue 1% sales tax levy in March 2020 ballot
- Aldeen assistant pro French wins Drasler Award
- AMA calls for total ban on all e-cigarette, vaping products
- Vet: Dog likely chewed off leg to escape chain; owner arrested
- Winnebago County Public Works Committee talks salt prices