NORMAL, Ill. (WMBD) — On Wednesday, The Normal Fire Department’s Technical Rescue Team was able to rescue workers that were trapped on a malfunctioning scaffolding that is 200 feet off the ground outside State Farm Headquarters.
Officials say the scaffolding was stuck and was unable to move up or down.
After a windowpane was removed from the building, workers crawled into the building and off of the scaffolding.
“When we get to something like this we try to look at the least invasive option but also the safest option. The lift for the scaffold was secure it wasn’t blowing around in the wind it wasn’t hanging by 1 cable,” Matt Swaney of Normal Fire said.
- Hononegah, Auburn Boys finish top-five at Regionals
- Guilford’s Gasmund comes from behind, captures Regional victory
- Residents react to massive fire at abandoned factory in Rockford
- Rockford mayor says bars and restaurants will be given 50% rebate of liquor license fees
- Local expert shares how to keep kids safe from predators online