ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) ─ A Chicago man is arrested after police say he opened fire from a vehicle over the weekend.
Rockford Police officers were called to the intersection of 12th Ave. and 28th St. around 9:10 a.m. on Saturday.
Officers reportedly learned a suspect had fired a gun from the passenger side of a vehicle.
Investigators later identified the suspect as Steve Canada, 23. Officers also reportedly recovered a loaded handgun and a shell casing.
He was arrested and taken to Winnebago County Jail.
Canada is charged with Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon and Endangering the Life of a Child.
- Wrong-way driver hits pedestrian, tried to hit NYSP trooper
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Illinois officials announce 7,873 new cases of COVID-19 Saturday, 108 additional deaths
- Nagy, Bears name Trubisky starter for Sunday against Packers
- Illinois, Ohio State cancel game following positive COVID-19 tests