Christmas Night Chimney Fire Damages Rockford Home

News
fire generic_1508858388115.jpg

Christmas was a bit spoiled for one Rockford family.

Firefighters responded to the 1000 block of Haskell Avenue shortly after 5 p.m. Monday for a chimney fire. Crews found fire in the wall behind the home’s fireplace. Damage was limited to the area around the fireplace.

No one was hurt and the occupants were able to remain in their home.

The cause of the fire is considered accidental. It caused an estimated $25,000 in damages.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News Video

Made in the Stateline

More Made in the Stateline

Education Matters

More Education Matters

Behind the Badge

More Behind the Badge

Stateline Strong

More Stateline Strong

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

Trending Stories