ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A Rockford recovery program is training local churches how to help people who are battling addiction.
Friday morning, RU Recovery Ministries held it’s Rockford Training Days event.
Churches from the Rockford region attended the event with the hopes of starting the movement in their communities.
The program has been going on for 25 years.
Wendy Burks, Director of First Impressions for RU Recovery, explained, “The thing that makes a difference when faith is included is, it gives you hope. We believe in RU that Jesus Christ is the hope and he’s the one that brings true recovery.”
The addiction program is free to anyone, and meets at 7 p.m. every Friday night at North Love Baptist Church, at 5301 E Riverside Boulevard.
- Belvidere falls to Genoa-Kingston at home
- Stillman Valley beats Winnebago on the road
- Stateline students preserve the stories and history of local veterans
- Tips for homeowners to stay warm and safe in winter storms
- Swedes’ therapy dog calendar profits support Rockford Police K-9s