BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) ─ The Belvidere Police Department shuts down two major highway ramps leading into the city.
A little after 7 p.m. Monday evening officers closed westbound Interstate 90 exits at Genoa Road and Irene Road.
Belvidere Police Chief Shane Woody says the department received reliable information that at least one, if not more, busload of people may be coming in from the Chicago area looking to commit crimes.
Chief Woody did not know how long the ramps would be closed, but believes they would be reopened sometime overnight, in time for the morning commute.
- Rivets held to one hit on an opening night loss to the La Crosse Loggers
- Health officials hope people are thoughtful about virus risks ahead of July 4th weekend
- Tips for AC units that could save you big time
- Frequent bus passenger buys ice cream for RMTD workers
- Rockford Art Museum to re-open on Monday