Several downtown events this weekend are expected to cause delays, road closures and special event parking changes.
The City of Rockford issued the following traffic alerts:
- Friday evening through Sunday afternoon UW Health Sports Factory welcomes over 2500 participants to the IL State Middle School Basketball Tournament. Municipal Lot 18 at Walnut & Madison St. will be open only for those attending the tournament.
- Saturday March 17, 2018 the Irish Marching Society annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will step off at 7th St. and 5th Ave at 3:00 p.m. It will follow the traditional parade route onto E. State St., and then turning north onto Madison St. ending at Prairie Street Brew House. Road Closures will begin at 1:30 p.m. along the parade route and should be re-open to regular traffic by 4:30 p.m.
- Arterial roads such as State and Charles St., 6th St., 3rd St. and 2nd St. will have Police directing traffic to allow periodic traffic flows during the parade. Parking is available in the many lots and side streets along the parade route
- The BMO Harris Bank Center welcomes guests to the Alan Jackson Concert Saturday March 17, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. Concert-goers coming downtown from the east should follow Jefferson St. to the parking areas to avoid delays on E. State St.
- Parking for the concert is available at the many municipal surface lots and parking decks downtown. All parking decks near BMO are priced at $15 per vehicle with the exception of Main St. North deck at Main and Jefferson which will be $10 per vehicle
- All local businesses are open during all the events and welcome you