ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Comcast is increasing download speeds for its Xfinity Internet customers in the Rockford area.
Subscribers to Performance, Blast!, Extreme or Extreme PRo will have their download speeds upgraded.
- Performance tier will jump from 60 to 100 Mbps;
- Blast! will jump from 150 to 200 Mbps;
- Extreme will jump from 250 to 300 Mbps; and
- Extreme Pro will jump from 400 to 600 Mbps.
The speed increase went into effect on Thursday.
The speed increases are the latest in a series of moves by Comcast to support growing consumer demand for super-fast, high-capacity Internet connections.
Nationally, over the past four years and across Comcast’s service area, the company has quadrupled its overall network capacity and doubled its fiber miles, upgraded all of its speed tiers, and rolled out an entirely new class of gateways that are designed for higher speeds and blanket most homes with WiFi coverage.
- No trick-or-treating in Beloit this Halloween
- Superfat is changing the way you snack
- Celebrate Vintage Shop Hop at Home on Hayloft
- Texas man who sought to kill, rape and eat a child sentenced to 40 years in federal prison
- Defining law terms with Cronauer Law