LOVES PARK, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner has identified 17-year-old Brant Griebel as the teen who was hit and killed by two vehicles on Riverside on Sunday morning.
The incident happened just after 1am in the 1800 block of E. Riverside Boulevard in Loves Park.
Loves Park Police say two vehicles traveling westbound on E. Riverside each struck Griebel, and both vehicles fled the scene.
Investigators said Griebel died at the scene. Winnebago County Coroner William Hintz said the autopsy revealed he died of blunt force trauma to the head.
Police say the first car involved in the crash was a dark colored, older model passenger car. Police believe the car likely has damage done to the front end, hood and windshield.
The second car has been located, and police say they have located the suspected driver and passenger.
The accident remains under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call Loves Park Police at 815-654-5015 or Crime Stoppers at 815-963-7867.
- Rockford City Council discusses raising the number of video gaming machines
- Sinnissippi Golf Course saved from the chopping block, for now
- Auburn’s Nevenhoven hoping for a big October finish to the tennis season
- Police investigate after man shot to death outside Rockford apartment building
- Police investigate after Rockford woman killed while crossing Auburn St.