JANESVILLE, Wis. (WTVO) — 23-year-old Colin Lukas, from Milton, Wisconsin was killed Tuesday morning in a fatal crash on I-39 in Janesville, the Rock County Medical Examiner said Wednesday.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says the crash happened around 5 a.m. near mile marker 177.
Authorities say a semi truck was traveling southbound when it was struck from the rear by a Ford F350 pickup, which continued driving until it became disabled in the left lane.
The Ford was then struck from behind by a Chevy Silverado.
The crash blocked both southbound lanes of I-39 for 4 hours.
The medical examiner said Lukas died from injuries sustained in the crash.
- Winnebago County nursing home to accept residents from other counties
- Man behind murder at Machesney Park bar found guilty by jury
- Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain possible for some Thursday night
- Illinois to share data of COVID-19 outbreaks in schools
- These 5 states are most at risk of election-time violence from militias, report finds