ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner has identified 40-year-old Robert Wash as the victim in a fatal shooting on Harrison Avenue Tuesday night.
Officers were called to the 4900 block of Harrison Avenue around 8:00 p.m.
Police say Wash was found shot outside an apartment building. The victim was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information should call Rockford Police at 815-966-2900 or Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 915-963-7867.
- Late Season Freeze Follows Tuesday’s Snow Chances
- New iPad, iMac expected at Apple online event, with hint at AirPods 3
- Biologist names newly discovered insect after coronavirus
- New Jersey adds ‘X’ gender option on driver’s licenses and IDs
- Corey Anderson moves up Bellator MMA’s rankings, moves closer to $1M payday