ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner has identified 40-year-old Robert Wash as the victim in a fatal shooting on Harrison Avenue Tuesday night.
Officers were called to the 4900 block of Harrison Avenue around 8:00 p.m.
Police say Wash was found shot outside an apartment building. The victim was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information should call Rockford Police at 815-966-2900 or Rockford Area Crime Stoppers at 915-963-7867.
- President Trump’s Facebook and Instagram accounts restored
- Pritzker to allow indoor dining sooner than expected
- Fred VanVleet donates winter coats to Rockford elementary students
- DC takes ‘aggressive posture’ on security ahead of Inauguration Day
- Rapper Post Malone donates 10,000 pairs of Crocs to front-line hospital workers