WINNEBAGO COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner says 26-year-old Daniel Mielke, of Ridott, and 23-year-old Sidney Freeland, of Poplar Grove, were the two men killed in a deadly collision which happened Thursday morning.
The Coroner’s Office was called to a two-vehicle crash around 5 a.m. Thursday morning, August 15th.
It happened just west of Eddy Road and Trask Bridge Road in Burritt Township.
The two vehicles collided on Trask Bridge Road.
Both drivers were pronounced dead at the scene.
Toxicology tests will be available in approximately three weeks.
- Rockford resident and Lebanon native reacts to massive Beirut explosion
- Local theater group uses downtime to teach young performers
- Tropical Storm Isaias Continues to Move Through the New England States
- Slattery in position for a top 10 finish at the Illinois Open
- Iowa man stole hand sanitizer after breaking into bank, police say