WINNEBAGO COUNTY, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner says 26-year-old Daniel Mielke, of Ridott, and 23-year-old Sidney Freeland, of Poplar Grove, were the two men killed in a deadly collision which happened Thursday morning.
The Coroner’s Office was called to a two-vehicle crash around 5 a.m. Thursday morning, August 15th.
It happened just west of Eddy Road and Trask Bridge Road in Burritt Township.
The two vehicles collided on Trask Bridge Road.
Both drivers were pronounced dead at the scene.
Toxicology tests will be available in approximately three weeks.
- USPS launches site to adopt Santa’s letters and provide gifts for needy kids
- Light Wintry Mix Possible Overnight Monday, into Tuesday Morning
- Local art students learn best ways to prepare for college
- Transform Rockford begins its holiday book drive
- Rockford communities looking to bring Christmas joy to children everywhere