ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The Winnebago County Coroner released the name of 52-year-old Rafel Nieto as the man found dead Sunday on N. Court Street.
Rockford Police responded to the 800 block of N. Court St. at 7:20 a.m. for a welfare check on a man lying in the open.
When officers arrived, they pronounced Nieto deceased.
Coroner Bill Hintz says an initial autopsy did not result in determining Nieto’s cause of death, and toxicology results are not yet in.
This is currently an ongoing investigation.
- Belvidere falls to Genoa-Kingston at home
- Stillman Valley beats Winnebago on the road
- Stateline students preserve the stories and history of local veterans
- Tips for homeowners to stay warm and safe in winter storms
- Swedes’ therapy dog calendar profits support Rockford Police K-9s