DeKalb Home Damaged in Garage Fire

News

A Saturday evening garage fire leaves a Dekalb family homeless.

The Dekalb Fire Department was called to 628 Krpan Court just after 4 p.m. Saturday for reports of smoke coming from the garage. When they arrived, they found the entire garage engulfed in flames. Once they extinguished the fire, crews found it had been started by a lawn mower being repaired inside the garage.

No one was hurt, but the home was severely damaged. The Red Cross helped find a place for the family to stay.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News Video

Made in the Stateline

More Made in the Stateline

Education Matters

More Education Matters

Behind the Badge

More Behind the Badge

Stateline Strong

More Stateline Strong

Trending Stories