DEKALB, Ill. (WTVO) — Around 2:45 p.m. on Saturday, DeKalb County Sheriff’s deputies pulled over a vehicle for speeding near Perry Road at S. 1st. Street.
Officers say the driver of the vehicle initially refused to provide his driver’s license. After refusing to cooperate, the driver allegedly accelerated the vehicle in reverse in the direction of the deputy. Officers say he narrowly missed striking the officer.
The driver then sped away eastbound on Perry Road. The initial pursuit was terminated and the driver was later identified as 21-year-old Anthony M. Jaques.
Jaques later turned himself in. He is facing charges of Aggravated Assault to a Peace Officer, Obstructing a Peace Officer, and Fleeing and Eluding.
He is currently in custody at the DeKalb County Jail.
- Rockford police investigate overnight fatal shooting; one person dead
- Temperatures tumble Friday morning
- Winnebago County nursing home to accept residents from other counties
- Man behind murder at Machesney Park bar found guilty by jury
- Strong thunderstorms and heavy rain possible for some Thursday night