Dick’s Sporting Goods is considering removing hunting supplies from all 732 of its stores nationwide, including shotguns, ammunition, cross bows and rifle scopes.
The company stopped selling “assault-style” rifles earlier this year, and banned sellling guns to anyone under 21.
The company then said it would remove “virtually all” hunting items from 10 Dick’s stores where hunting sales underperformed.
“We’ll have to wait and see how the 10-store test does,” CEO Edward Stack said on Wednesday, according to CBS.
Stack said the company is “looking at a number of stores where the hunt category significantly under performs.”
Dick’s would swap out hunting supplies for athletic and sports equipment.
“Sales continue to be negatively impacted by double-digit declines in hunt and electronics,” CFO Lee Belitsky said. “Specific to hunt, in addition to the strategic decisions we made regarding firearms earlier this year, the broader industry has decelerated and remains weak, as evidenced by most recent background-check data” for firearms purchases.
Dick’s stopped selling assault-style weapons following the February mass shooting at Parkland, Florida’s Stoneman Douglas High School.
In a letter released on its website following the shooting, Stack said it was time for the country to do more to end violence, saying “We have heard you. The nation has heard you.”
Parkland shooter Nicholas Cruz bought one of his weapons at Dick’s.
“We will no longer sell assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles. We had already removed them from all DICK’S stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but we will now remove them from sale at all 35 Field & Stream stores,”