ROCKORD, Ill. (WTVO) — The 2020 Kentucky Derby kicked off on Saturday and Stateline derby fans placed their bets.
Don Carter Lanes in Rockford is hosting a Kentucky Derby Watch Party complete with live music, food, and an outdoor bar. Management has worked hard to keep the event fun and safe amid COVID-19 concerns.
“Everywhere you go here, there are sanitation stations located all around and there are reserved seating inside but there’s plenty of open seating left outside so come in and have a great time,” said Bar Manager Jamey Funk.
This is the first Kentucky Derby event hosted at Don Carter Lanes.
- Sources: President Trump lifting COVID-19 travel restrictions on Europe, UK, Brazil
- Freeport coach Dedmond speaks out on the impact of MLK Jr.
- Bucs with BA: Arians sets stage for Buccaneers-Packers showdown in NFC Championship
- Beloit business encourages people to ‘Adopt a Grandparent’ for Valentine’s Day
- Local organization issues online challenge in honor of MLK Day