ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — One of Rockford’s world famous musicians is home and ready to play in front of a hometown crowd.
Emily Bear, a pianist, singer and songwriter, who has played in cities all over the world, is back in Illinois with some new music.
Bear is releasing her single “Emotions” and kick starting a tour celebrating not only her 18th birthday, but her single released earlier this summer reaching 600,000 streams.
Her first stop on tour is close to home, and anyone who goes is said to be in for a big treat.
“I’m going to be, not only playing the singles I just released, but the rest of the unreleased songs that are going to be on the EP and a few more that aren’t even going to be released yet,” Bear said. “So you’re going to want to be there. I’m also having a couple of really incredible musicians come up on stage and play with me.”
Bear’s first show is Wednesday in Evanston, Illinois.
- Steve Freeman: Making people smile at Rockford Public Library for nearly 20 years
- Victoria’s Secret cancels annual fashion show
- Veterans group ensures elderly stateline vets remembered at Christmas
- Illinois Health Department says: Don’t take antibiotics for the flu
- Simone Biles, record-breaking gymnast, earns title of 2019 Female Olympic Athlete of the Year