ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police lost one of their own, Kevin Rice, 19 years ago on Monday. Rice was a 14-year veteran and Rockford Police detective.
He was investigating a group of suspicious men in his sister’s neighborhood. One of the men pulled a gun, shooting and killing Rice as he pulled up in his car.
William Buck, who was 19-years old at the time, was convicted of killing the detective and sentenced to 60 years.
Rice was survived by his wife and three children.
- Local agencies celebrate ‘Police Memorial Week’ at CherryVale Mall
- California man with kitchen knives chases estranged wife onto field during child’s sporting event
- Coca-Cola to discontinue one of its beverages in North America
- Colonial Pipeline says ‘normal operations’ have resumed following ransomware attack
- 19-year-old killed in Freeport shooting, police searching for silver Chrysler