ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — Rockford Police lost one of their own, Kevin Rice, 19 years ago on Monday. Rice was a 14-year veteran and Rockford Police detective.
He was investigating a group of suspicious men in his sister’s neighborhood. One of the men pulled a gun, shooting and killing Rice as he pulled up in his car.
William Buck, who was 19-years old at the time, was convicted of killing the detective and sentenced to 60 years.
Rice was survived by his wife and three children.
- Millions of Boppy newborn loungers recalled after 8 infants die
- Pilot in fatal New Mexico balloon crash had drugs in system, toxicology report finds
- Rockford man arrested after burglary at Road Baptist Church
- Gabby Petito: NewsNation Special Report
- Idaho hunter finds remains of another hunter who went missing 53 years ago