DirecTV

Family displaced in early Thursday house fire, lit candle determined to be cause

News
fire generic_1508858388115.jpg

A Janesville family was forced from their home early Thursday morning after their home caught fire. A lit candle was determined to be the cause.

The Janesville Fire Department was called to 206 McKinley Street at 12:41 a.m. where they found smoke coming from the second floor of the home.

Firefighters credit smoke detectors for alerting the occupants to the fire. Three adults and one child were able to escape, although one person received minor burns and sought medical attention.

Investigators determined that a candle was left burning on a table in the bedroom, and started the fire.

The cost of the damage is estimated to be $40,000.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Made in the Stateline

More Made in the Stateline

Education Matters

More Education Matters

Behind the Badge

More Behind the Badge

Stateline Strong

More Stateline Strong

Trending Stories